Mechanical Keyboards Blog Informational articles from MK & community contributors.
Ducky Shine 3 Troubleshooting
If you are a proud new owner of a Ducky Shine 3, here are some tips to make sure your awesome new mechanical keyboard is performing at its best.
- The most common question we have had so far from Ducky Shine 3 owners is "How do I turn ON or OFF the LED backlights on my function keys?" Solution: FN + F9
- If you are having issues with your Shine 3 sometimes 'crashing' (turning off for a short period of time) when you hit a modifier key + FN key, Ducky has released a firmware update to address this issue (see link below).
- By default, the Shine 3 will reset the RGB spacebar lighting to cycle once the keyboard has been unplugged and plugged back in. Ducky's latest firmware update below may fix this.
Ducky Shine 3 Firmware Update (European ISO) updated 06/19/2014
New Shine 3 DK9008 firmware changelog (US ANSI V1.1.9, ISO V3.1.0):
- Added: Raindrop Mode.
- Added: 6-Key Rollover Mode. Press and Hold Fn + S for 3 seconds to activate, and Fn + N to return to the normal NKRO mode. This mode is added for compatibility with KVM as well as other hardwares..
- Fixed: Eliminated minor flickering of NumLk and ScrLk in Reactive Mode under certain conditions.
- Note: Shine 3's firmware cannot be upgraded in KVM mode. Please Press and hold Fn + N to return to the NKRO mode to update the firmware.